Sunday, May 2, 2010

Farmville Won't Let Me Farm, And My Puppy is Going To Run Away!!

I Can't Get to My Farm
I've read the messages over and over,  "Farmville is experiencing page loading issues....blah, blah, blah." I didn't pay much attention until last night when Farmville wouldn't let me farm.

It's my sister's fault. She's another one of us video game players of a certain age; and she's the one who got me started playing the role of an online farmer. I wasn't really into it at first. I found it annoying: planting carrots or beans or tulips even, then remembering to go back in time to harvest my crops before they withered away.... milking cows, gathering eggs....

I'm a Real Live Virtual Farmer
I started feeling.... just like a real farmer, actually... too much work and no profit!!  I kept at it, even though I had only four neighbors back then. Then I started playing Mafia Wars a few months ago. And who would have thought it, a lot of those online Mafia Dons and Donnas who trade guns, start wars with one another and "ice" an adversary at the drop of a hat... a lot of them have a little bit of the farmer in them.They invited me to be their Farmville neighbors and I invited them to be mine.

I have about 30 farm neighbors; and now that it's truly a "Social Gaming" experience for me, Farmville farming makes me want to say Yee-haw!! I have neighbors sending me virtual cows and trees, and all kinds farm gifts. I'm a regular virtual farm girl these days... that is when I'm not a Mafia gangster on Mafia Wars, or slinging hash at Cafe World or digging for buried artifacts on Treasure Island... I play Bejeweled Blitz and Family Feud sometimes as well. Like I said before, I love online video games.

So when co-op farming started, where you join with your neighbors to help bring in crops for town projects... I told you I was into it... I expanded my farm, twice even to accommodate more farm plots. I bought a virtual plow and seeder and harvester so I could do the job faster.... In short... I'm a virtual farmer.

My Pet Puppy 
Last week I bought a puppy, a virtual puppy you absolutely must  feed once every 24 hours for at least 14 days when it will transform magically into a grown dog. If you miss a feeding, it will run away.

Now I bought that little puppy with farm coins... pretend money you get from bringing in pretend crops.... but if that little puppy runs away, I will have to pay Farm Cash... (virtual money you pay real cash for) to get my puppy back.

So here I am back where I started. Farmville won't let me farm.. After all of these months of reading about page loading issues, my farm has finally decided to join in on that malfunction.

I just planted pumpkins for the co-op last night. They've withered away by now; and I'll get over that. But I've been feeding my little puppy for 11 days...and If I don't feed him this evening, he will run away. And if my little doggie runs away because he was hungry and I wouldn't feed him, it will be Farmville's fault.

Well, Farmville and my sister... She's the one who got me started with this online farming thing in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment