Friday, June 4, 2010

I Finished my Last New York Job - I'm a Skilled Mafia Wars Boss!


Moving Through The Criminal Ranks
After months of thugging  my way through New York City, and slipping in and out of criminal enterprises from Bangkok to Moscow, I finally finished off the New York Jobs. That makes me a Skilled Mafia Wars Boss!.... or in my case, a Senior Skilled Mafia Wars Boss!


For those of you who never played Mafia Wars, being a Skilled Boss means I worked hard at the game. I maintained due diligence enough to move my Mafia family through the criminal ranks from Street Thug, to Associate to Soldier and upward. I mastered jobs like Enforcer (you know like Jason, Sonny's mob Enforcer on General Hospital)

I pushed my way through to the Capo level (Capo, that's like Sonny.... a different Sonny... in Godfather, the movie) Level after level I collected the guns, the vehicles the help I needed to finish each job. It was tedious to say the least.

Being Head of a Mafia Family Isn't Easy
Once I got to the last few New York jobs, I thought it would be easy going....downhill all the way.... but no! 

Zynga created the Mafia Wars game with multiple criminal tasks: blackmail, kidnapping, bribery, in multiple skill levels. It's just like the real criminal world you see on television, complicated and detail heavy.... but with no visible blood and guts.

Which is why I can play the game....  Mafia Wars is all about strategy, no psychotic avatars running around, no dead bodies to step over.... except theoretical corpses of course..... you rack up a ton of those...... It gets easy to 'ice' a fellow criminal after a while, even for a timid, soft spoken lady like me.

Beg Borrow and Steal
Capo, Underboss and Boss, the last few New York levels, require a convoluted effort, running back and forth to levels you thought you'd never have to see again to accumulate loot you must have to finish the final tasks.

You need hundreds of bank records to do things like "Shake down a city councilman," bunches of photos  for tasks like " Blackmail the District Attorney" and "Buy off a Federal Agent." I used a ton of untraceable cell phones to do things like "Flip a Snitch." ...... Whew. it was frustrating!!

Capitalizing on Your Frustration
That point of frustration at needing things to finish the job is where Zynga steps in, offering phones, transaction records, photos.....for a price of course. You can always buy what you need with Marketplace points... virtual money you purchase with cold, hard, genuine cash.

True, you will need a ton of phones..... etc... You will get frustrated thinking you may never get through those final levels, but try not to spend your hard earned money. Beg, borrow or........well steal, like a true criminal (loot from Robbing and Fighting) to get what you need and one day you will be a Skilled Boss too.


My Reward for Being a Skilled Boss
So why did I put a picture of a toilet at the beginning this blog post? That's my reward. For completing all the New York jobs and becoming a Skilled Boss, I got a Golden Throne... yes a toilet, complete with a little roll of toilet tissue.

I don't get the symbolism exactly, but it means I get energy twice as fast now.... which is a big thing in Mafia Wars. You need energy to do all the jobs, so getting it 2X as fast is a great reward; and it helps you level up even faster....

No comments:

Post a Comment